Leon is excited to welcome Blues Legend, Cary Morin to the stage at Leon for an intimate evening of stories and songs from one of Colorado's most treasured musicians.
Here is a select highlight of Cary's recent accolades:
- 2018 Independent Music Award Best Blues CD
- 2018 International Songwriting Competition Honorable Mention
- 2018 Native Arts & Cultures Fellow
- Nominated Best Acoustic Blues Album 2017 by Blues Blast Magazine
- Indigenous Music Award 2017 Best Blues CD
- Nominated Best Blues CD in the Aboriginal People's Choice Music Awards 2016
- Colorado Blues Challenge Solo Champion 2013 & 2014
- Lifetime Achievement Award Fort Collins Music Association (FoCoMA) 2013
“Let there be no question of who’s wrong and who’s right. There should be no compromise. We all stand up and fight in the dawn’s early light,” Cary Morin sings on “Dawn’s Early Light,” written in support of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe during last year’s protest of the Dakota Access Pipeline.
“When you think about roots music in America, it’s a culmination of so many things. It’s all the stuff blended together, much like the culture in this country is people from all over the world that end up here and create a unique situation,” Morin explains. “With my Native heritage, I could say that I’m really the only finger-style Crow guy on the entire planet. That’s unique. But we all can say that, to some degree. We all have unique things that make us who we are, and I’m really thankful to have grown up in the area that I did, surrounded by the people that I did.